Creative Commons License
A tale of sex, lies, and heavy metal music. by Nick Dean is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at nickxrevolution.blogspot.com. A tale of sex, lies, and heavy metal music.: The Lost City

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Lost City

Family should be a four letter word; ranging from shit to love. Their are so many things I wish I could do to make my family happy in their own lives, and to be proud of me. Despite age or reason I think we want to please our families at some certain degree. My life should of been so many things, but I am a twenty-four year old fuck up. It's something I'm not proud of, but a harsh reality. Decisions made everyday affect my entire future and those around me. The inclusion of "others" has taken awhile considering my ego. My ego exists so I can survive in this cruel world; survival of the fittest. I've been fired from more jobs than I care to disclose. Multiple times a day the phone rings from debt collectors. Student loans are such a bitch. A time machine would be convenient so I may make some better decisions. I wish my student loans was only my problem; however, my mom was the cosigner. Unemployed, broken, and full of dreams I wait. I wait for a solution to fall from the sky. Divine intervention or a miracle is what I want. I heard the only time success comes before work is in the dictionary. Knowing this I still want a quick way to be successful. Achieving success or happiness seems like a faint idea. The same year I find this maybe Atlantis will be discovered as well. Money does not equal happiness, but sometimes I think it would help a lot. I scurry below the poverty line and I was raised in the upper middle class. The life of private education, three car garages, and four bedroom houses. My family was not rich, but I received what I needed and a lot of what I wanted. A cockroach in the dark I look for food and the other necessities missing in a life of discomfort. I am the outskirts of society. I am the long haired, bearded, tattooed, and educated underground. I am tomorrows leader with a social revolution in mind. I am a part of a family with the intentions of starting my own in the future. I am a somebody with a name that will be remembered. I am Nick X; an example of a lost generation who are suffering in times of war; both mentally and physically. I am a puzzle piece that does not fit. I am the carver who will have to cut his own place in society.

8 comments:

KaOssis/KaNut said...

Wow! I can't believe it, a real Human Being with genuine emotion's! You should be Proud of the fact that you have the intelligence to think about the consequenquencialities of life, as just like my own family, they were more interested in how much something was worth in the bank account, and how to avoid letting the Tax Man get too hungey! Believe me, I know exactly how you feel, i'm like 20 year's ahead of you already, and it's only recently after nearly 40 year's of felling like a family emotional dump cart, that I realised that my family dosn't know anything else beside the feel of a couple of £ note's in their hand's, and watching them sucking up to the accountent and the family solicitor with a bottle of whiskey and a plain brown envelope every Christmas and New year, just make's me laugh, because at the end of the day, at least i've been honest to myself all my life, and that's the best success than any my family will ever achieve in a whole millenia, lol!

Its Just Me - Daring to Dream said...

Scorpio, Office Slave and San Diego....we have a lot in common - not to mention the raw emotion of life we splat on our blog.

Good luck and thanks for following!
~Daring

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain. I truly despise my family but , as much as I'll deny it, I'd like to make them proud once in a while.

1961arnie said...

i think all your blog are pretty good to bad we can't combine some of the talet and create a news or and entaint situaution

1961arnie said...

u a pretty good writer sir ever though submiting one to play boy

Unknown said...

I love your blog...

Geniusofdespair said...

You want people to follow your blog? You have to write every day. Find someone who can fill in on days you can't write.

P.S. Your word verification is not working. You have to hit twice to see it.

1961arnie said...

I just wrote another blog please feel free to read it

arnie

 
Custom Search